Sandgate Year 4 Blog

Join the Sharks and Stingrays on their learning journey

07 June

Giraffes at Wingham Wildlife Park

Year 4 visited Wingham Wildlife Park today as their ‘hook’ into this term’s Animal Kingdom topic! The Giraffes had a fantastic day which included holding animals in a ‘hands on talk’, walking through the Reptile House and the Tropical Enclosure and getting to learn about lots of different types of animals as we walked around the park. We even got close to some lemurs as we walked through the lemur enclosure! At lunchtime, we had a picnic in the sunshine right by the penguins and in the afternoon we got to see the new chimps!

Miss Hall took lots of photographs throughout the day and the children will soon be taking home a copy of the photos that were taken individually in the hands on talk.

Have a look at some of the amazing things we saw and got up to!

5 Responses to “Giraffes at Wingham Wildlife Park”

1. mari says:

Miss Hall , Did you think the trip was worth it? i sure think it was

2. mari says:

Hi I enjoyed the trip , it was amazing! Will you be able to recognise my name ? I loved The Part with the goat when harry Dropped his book

:):): Also i like
    the Monkey poop LOL!

3. mari says:

🙂

4. hexy says:

“A great school trip with so many favourite parts, especially the lemur enclosure.”