Sandgate Year 4 Blog

Join the Sharks and Stingrays on their learning journey

18 November

The Dragon Who Lost His Fire

The young people in Year 4 have been learning the story of  THE DRAGON WHO LOST HIS FIRE.

Last week they learned the story with some very animated actions, which they also performed to many of the parents who attended the Parents Writing Workshop last Tuesday, in the imitation stage.

This week, children have begun writing their own stories , in the genre of ‘Losing and Finding Tales’.

Watch this space to see how their stories develop.

Picture1 Picture2 Picture3

Below is a copy of  the original story of  THE DRAGON WHO LOST HIS FIRE ,which is the stimulus for the children to adapt and write their own:

Once there was a dragon who was so unlucky that he had lost his fire. So he set out on a mission to find his fire.

He walked and he walked and he walked until he came to a rocky valley where there was a wolf, a lean mean wolf with fierce red eyes and sharp white teeth.

‘I’m trying to find my fire that I was so unlucky to lose. Can you help me?’ asked the dragon to the wolf.

‘No but if you do find your fire, can you see if my appetite is with it? I have also been unlucky to lose it!’ growled the wolf.

‘Of course’ replied the dragon.

So the dragon walked and he walked and he walked and soon he came to a gloomy swamp, where there was an ogre, a green, slimy ogre.

‘I’m trying to find my fire that I was so unlucky to lose. Can you help me?’ asked the dragon to the ogre.

‘No, but if you do find your fire can you see if my happiness is with it? I have also been unlucky to lose it!’ croaked the ogre.

‘Of course,’ replied the dragon.

So the dragon walked and he walked and he walked and soon he came to a glistening waterfall where there was a fairy, a tiny, tiny fairy.

‘I’m trying to find my fire that I was so unlucky to lose. Can you help me?’ asked the dragon to the fairy.

‘No but if you do find your fire, can you see if my fairy dust is with it? I have also been unlucky to lose it!’ giggled the fairy.

‘Of course’ replied the dragon.

So he walked and he walked and he walked and finally he came to a volcano, a fierce and hot volcano.

‘I’m trying to find my fire that I was so unlucky to lose. Can you help me?’ asked the dragon to the volcano.

‘Why yes!’, said the volcano ‘I have enough fire to fill the entire valley.

And with that, the volcano began to rumble and a-tumble. It released its lava, and its fire to fill the valley, and the dragon had got his fire back.

So, he walked and he walked and he walked and soon he came back to the fairy.

‘Hello,’ breathed the dragon with a puff of fire ‘Here is your fairy dust that you were unlucky enough to lose’. And as soon as he spoke, the fairy had her fairy dust again and on went the dragon.

So he walked and he walked and he walked and soon he came back to the ogre.

‘Hello,’ breathed the dragon with a puff of fire ‘Here is your happiness that you were unlucky enough to lose’. And as soon as he spoke, the ogre had his happiness back again and on went the dragon.

So he walked and he walked and he walked and soon he came back to the wolf.

‘Hello,’ breathed the dragon with a puff of fire ‘Here is your appetite that you were unlucky enough to lose’. And as soon as he spoke, the wolf had his appetite again, so … he gobbled him up.!

3 Responses to “The Dragon Who Lost His Fire”

1. Leo weeks says:

I really enjoyed making my story about the shark who lost his bite

2. Ben wootton says:

Awesome learning year4 by Ben wootton

3. Ben wootton says:

Awesome learning year4